You all know that the most effective way to lose weight easily is to do it gradually and naturally, as I may have mentioned in previous posts here. Well, it may come as no surprise that I’ll keep hammering on at that idea all the way through this, because I firmly believe that it works.
Anyone who wants to put their mind to it can figure out how to reduce their weight easily. You will benefit mainly by understanding the whole weight loss process in greater detail. If you need some motivation to get fit, just imagine how much more attractive you’ll be when you are.
With a world growing towards convenience in all things, its no wonder that people are looking at the possibilities of how easy can it be to attain a slimmer, fitter body. Of course, there is a massive industry behind this very dream, ready to sell anything from pills, potions and snake oil to anyone who believes it will make them slim and beautiful while they sit on the sofa watching TV all day long.
The reality, of course is that these companies are selling an empty dream to people who they see as easy targets. But that doesn’t mean it has to be hard to lose weight. In fact it can be a lot easier than you think but you do have to put some effort into it. Not too much, just enough and you’ll see results. Here’s how.
Essential Dieting Tips
By far the most popular method of losing weight is through a strict, calorie controlled diet. That diet will vary from company to company and also from person to person, because everyone is different and one simple diet that will work really well for one person may not work so well for another.
But if you want to eat well and stay healthy, the best way to do it is to eat a balanced diet with fresh ingredients, like fruits and vegetables, fresh fish and lean meat if you are not vegetarian. Here’s what to steer clear of:
- Fast food, such as burgers, fries, hot dogs, pizza, Chinese takeaway etc as these foods are often deep fried in vegetable oil or made with high saturated fat ingredients, loads of salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate (MSG) especially in the case of Chinese takeaway although it’s in other stuff too. They are all high calorie, high GI carbohydrates and high on the list of unhealthy weight gain foods.
- Cakes and pastries, biscuits, cookies and similar because they are loaded with sugar, high GI carbohydrates and they are high in calories.
- Any foods that are fried in fats or vegetable oil, as these are just bad for your arteries, and bad for your heart.
- Snacks such as potato chips, tortilla chips, corn chips, pretzels, salted peanuts, Bombay mix etc as these are high in salt, which is bad for blood pressure and also high in saturated fats from the vegetable oils they are fried in and high in calories.
- Soda. Even diet soda is not good because it contains the artificial sweetener aspartame, which apart from being linked with cancer, has a property where it stimulates appetite, meaning if you drink it you might not be getting the calories, but you’ll feel more hungry and crave high calorie snacks to go with.
- Alcohol. In itself, not particularly fattening, but it stimulates appetite and lowers your resolve. A packet or three of potato chips is just a few drinks away…
You can do it when you know what your enemy is and those foods are your enemy.
Powerful Exercise Tips
Exercise is absolutely the best way to go in order to not only reduce your fat levels but to improve your body’s overall look and fitness level. It is through exercise that you will burn more calories and halt the weight gain process eventually turning it around into a weight loss process.
As your muscles gain strength from regular exercise, they will burn more energy to do the work they need to do. That means they will force your body to release its store of fat to feed them.
This is essentially increasing metabolism through increased activity levels. Exercise should be aerobic in nature and should be maintained for in excess of 30 minutes in one go to maximize this process.
Anything less than 20 minutes is not enough because in that time, the muscles will only take energy from the glucose dissolved in your bloodstream and the body will not be forced to make more from its fat store.
That’s why people who exercise like mad for ten or fifteen minutes then go off and rest for a while before continuing do not lose fat as fast as those that keep up a steady pace for longer than 30 minutes. A leisurely run for half an hour does you much more good than a mad sprint at full tilt for 5 minutes, even though that might make you feel more worn out.
I’ve included motivation as one of the tips to success because when combined with the previous two major aspects, it is the icing on the cake, so to speak. Motivation comes from the mind and the mind needs to be in the right state for any slimming process to work at its best.
When you are in a positive, determined and motivated state of mind, you are able to exercise harder for longer. You are able to resist the temptation to reach out and take that tempting slice of chocolate cake and you are able to keep yourself active and busy rather than giving in and slumping down in front of the TV.
When you are motivated, you are positive and of the belief that you can do what you set out to do, which in this case is to lose weight. When you are motivated, the process seems easy, much easier than it seems when you are in the opposite stat of mind, or de-motivated.
So a motivated state of mind, combined with a good, healthy diet and a sensible exercise program are the three main ingredients to achieving weight loss easily and with the minimum of stress, which is, after all, the way you want it to be.
There is a lot more to making this an easy process and being in possession of plenty of information on the subject certainly helps. The more knowledge and understanding you can accrue on the subject, the easier it becomes to put that knowledge into action by applying what you know and using it to your advantage.
A solid strategy is all too often forgotten by people who tend to be in too much of a rush to get the job done properly because they want to cut corners. By learning how to diet sensibly and exercise safely and methodically, you can find yourself completely on-target about what you want to achieve.
If you want more info on a similar vein as to finding more easy ways to shift some of those excess pounds, try this article: How to Simplify the Weight Loss Process. I am a firm believer in getting this to work as simply as possible.
Maybe your motivation comes and goes. It’s a real challenge to find my favorite tips work time and time again. You can work with nature to lose weight naturally. When you believe you can do it, you can do it. Simple!